Snr.Lec.Raluwe Padmasiri Thero
Bachelor of Arts (Honors in Buddhist Studies)
1998-2002 - Department of Pali and Buddhist Studies, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Master of Arts, Department of Philosophy
2007-2010 - National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Head, Department of Buddhist Philosophy, Postgraduate Institute of Pali & Buddhist Studies, University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka.
- Visiting Lecturer, Undergraduate Course (Sinhala & English Media), Dept. of Buddhist Philosophy, Buddhist and Pali University, Homagama, Sri Lanka, 2014.
- Visiting Lecturer, Graduate Courses, Dept. of Social Science, Degree Programme, University of Kelaniya, Kelaniya, Sri Lanka, 2014.
- Visiting Lecturer in Department of Comparative and Religious Studies, Sri Lanka Pali and Buddhist Unversity, Hoagama, Sri Lanka, 2013, & 2014.
- Visiting Lecturer in History (History of World Religions), at the Department of History, University of Rajarata, Sri Lanka, from 14th June, 2010 to the end of the Semester in September, 2010, 2011, 2012.
- Senior Lecturer, Postgraduate Institute of Pali & Buddhist Studies, University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka, from 31st July 2012 to now
- Lecturer, Dept. of Buddhist Studies, Buddhsravaka Bhiksu University, Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka, 2009 – 2012
- Temporary Lecturer, Dept. of Pali and Buddhist Studies, University of Peradeniya. 2003 - 2007
- English Teacher,Vidumina Bhikkhu Training Institute, Poojapitiya, Sri Lanka, 2000 - 2002
- Principal, Mahapola Bhikkhu Educational Institute, Colombo Branch. 2003
- Nanopayini: Symposium in Celebration of 150the Anniversary of Sri Lanka Ramanna Maha Nikaya, co-editor with Ariyawimala, Taldena, Colombo 08: Department of Government Printing. 2014.
- Patipada: 69th Anniversary Article Collection of Ramanna Maha Nikaya, Assistant Editor, Colombo 08: Department of Government Printing. 2014.
- Pariyatti: 7th Volume of Pariyatti Samvaddhana Sabha of Ramanna Maha Nikaya, Assistant Editor, Pariyatti Samvaddhana Sabha of Sri Lanka Ramanna Nikaya, 2014.
- Sara Samgraha: Essays in Honour of Ven. Matale Amarawansa Thero, with Dhammika, P., and Canaka jayasekara, Travels Lanka Pvt Ltd: Maradana, Sri Lanka. 2013.
- A Buddhist Approach to the Post-Modern Analysis of the Family Institution. Samanti Pablication, Ja-Ela, Sri Lanka. 2007.
- Dhamma Teachings: with Samanta Ilangakoon. 2007.
- Sath: Felicitation Volume to Ven Mawatagama Siddhartha, with Hettimulle Rahula. 2006.
Translations from English to Sinhalese
- Zen Buddhism and Psycho Analysis, Eric Fromm, Godage Publication: Sri Lanka, 2007.
Books in English
- Studies in Buddhist Philosophy and Religion: Collected Papers of Prof P. D. Premasiri. with Soorakkulame Pemaratana Ven. , Dept of Pali & Buddhist Studies-2006.
In Sinhala Medium
- Malaysian Vesak Procession (Perahera), Lakdiwa Bouddha Perahera: Article Collection, Mahinda Ven, Unuwaturabubule & others (ed), Gampaha: Jatyantara Sama Viharaya, 2014. Pp.129-142
- Sanghika Dana, Nivan Maga: Article Collection of Buddhist Society of State Press, Gunatilake, H. M. (ed), Colombo 08: Government Printing Department, 2014. Pp. 10-20
- An Investigation of Four Buddhist Indicators (mahapadesa) as a Sufficient Criteria to Understand Dhamma-Vinaya, Bauddha Adyana ha Pali Adhyana: Birth Centenary Commemorative Academic Volume of Ven. Palipane Chandananda, Madipola Wimalajoti (ed), Colombo 10: S. GOdage & Brothers (pvt) Ltd, 2014.
- A Need of Timely and Monastic Educational System for Sri Lankan Buddhist Monks, Abhivandana: A felicitation to Ven. Makulewe Vimala Thero, Ministry of Mass Communication: Sri Lanka, 2013. Pp. 74-80
- The Path to Liberation: Theravada Buddhist Aspect in Great Compassion: a felicitation to Ven. Bootawatte Saranankara, edited by Wimalabuddhi, U. & Dhamminda, G., Nittambuwa: Samadhi Graphics, Sri Lanka, 2013. Pp. 71-91
- Forward to Buddhist Teachings for a Successful Life, Jinaratana, M., Kurunegala: Asliya Printers, 2013, pp. 3-4
- Forward to Modern Trends of Sri Lankan Buddhism, Dhammaransi, M. Colombo: Godage Publishers, 2013. Pp. vii-xi
- A Critique on the third of the Seven Aparihaniya dhamma taught to Vajjins in Pariyatti, edited Revata, Ven. Eswatte, et al., Pariyatti Samvaddhana Sabha of Sri Lanka Ramanna Maha Nikaya, 2013. Pp. 38-44
- Is it reasonable to consider Buddhist Monks’ Orientation towards academic Service as a kind of Distancing from Fundamental Objectives of a Bhukkhu?, Yatra: a Felicitation to Ven. Baddegama Kusala, edited by Saddharatana, K., Vimala, O., Matara: Bodhirukkharama Samvardhana Samiti, 2012. Pp. 92-99
- Attitude Formation: A Comparative Study of Social Psychological and Buddhist Views in Buddhist Psychology: a Felicitation to Ven Wewelwala Anuruddha Thero, edited by Rev M. Aggavansa & Rev. T. Jinawansa. 2011. pp. 96-114
- Transference of Merit: Doctrinal foundation of a Buddhist Cultural Ritual, in Maliyadewa Academic Volume. Edited: Ven. M. Vijitadhamma, & Ven D. Saddhananda. 2011. pp. 19-24
- An Examination on Indispensable Emphasis on Pro-social Conduct Found in the First and Last Message of the Buddha, Pariyatti: Academic Journal of Ramanna Maha Nikaya, 2010 (On the print)
- "Buddhist Teachings on the Attitudes, Teachings and Meanings of Preserving Tripitaka," 2600 Sri Sambhuddhatva Jayanti Shastriya Sangrahaya, Ed.Wijita Welagedara, S.B.M. Nimal Dharmasiri, Battaramulla: Ministry of Education, 2011 pp.247-71
- An Examination on the First and the Last Message of the Buddha in Felicitation Academic Journal for Ven Nittambuwa Vachissara Thero, Edted by Ven M. Mahanama, Nugegoda: Sri Lanka, 2010.
- Preface to the Sinhalese Translation of Pali Bible by Ven. Kumbalgoda Dhammaloka, Colombo: Smayawardhana Book Shop, 2009.
- Purpose of doctrinal propagation: An Examination on the Nature of purposes of the Gotama Buddhas’ and Later Buddhist Propagators in Felicitation Academic Journal for Ratgama Sumanananda. Sri Lanka. 2009
- Philosophical and Religious Beauty of Angulamala’s enlightenment, Journal of Buddhasravaka Bhiksu University, Sri Lanka. 2009
- Modern Re-establishment of the Higher Ordination of the Buddhist Nuns as a non-contradictory in Compared with the meaning of the Dhamma. Prasadini: An Academic Journal. Sri Lanka. 2009
- Significance of the First Century B. C. as a Milestone in Sri Lankan Buddhist History in Felicitation Jounal of Vipasyabhinandana. Sri Lanka. 2007
- Indian Historical Background of Theravada Tradition Introduced by Ven Mahinda to Sri Lanka. in Swarna Jayanti Volume. Pali & Buddhist University. Homagama: Sri Lanka. 2007
- 'Has 2500 Years aged Buddhist Heritage Caused to form a Fatherless culture In Sri Lanka?" in Saragaveshi: Journal of academic Writings. Uuniversity of Peradeniya: Sri Lanka. 2007
- Theravada: Evolution of Simple Term to a Separate Buddhist Sect in Anvesana: Academic Journal of Post Graduate Institute of Pali and Buddhist Studies. Kelaniya University: Sri Lanka. 2007
- An Examination on Disciplinary Reports and Later critical Reviews Regarding those Reports on the Establishment of Nuns’ Order of Nuns in Vinaya Studies. Ven K. Rahula (ed.). Kotte Sangha Sabha, Sri Lanka, 2007.
- "Practice of Sri Lankan Buddhism" in the Journal of Buddha in Rashmi. Sri Lanka. 2006
- Can Religious Views on the Emergence of Family Institution be considered as a Consequence of Immoral Conduct? A Critical Examination on the Religious Views in Saragaveshi: Journal of academic Writings. University of Peradeniya: Sri Lanka. 2005
Translations of Articles from English to Sinhalese:
- Translations of “The Buddhist Attitudes to Other Religions”, by K. N. Jayatilleke, in Viduruwana: 45th Academic Volume of Vidyaratna Pirivena, Sobhita, Madurawlala et al., Colombo 10: S. Godage & Brothers, 2014. Pp. 255-275
- Translation of “Memories of Ceylon”, by Geheimrath Dr. W. Geiger, in Abhiprasada: Essays in Honour of Udugampola Piyananda Thero, edited Dhammapala Ven Akmeemana et al., Diwulapitiya: Saraswati Publication, 2013. Pp. 48-57
- Meaning of Patti and Pattanumodana: It means Neither Merit (punna) Nor Transference (anumodana) by Akira Fujimoto. Sambhasa Academic Journal. 2007
Articles in English
- Possibility and Logicality of Having ''hitacchanda'' in an Emancipated Personality, Anveshana: Journal Of PGIPBS, Postgraduate Institute of Pali & Buddhist Studies, 2014.
- “'Hitacchanda' as a Possible Drive to Alter Negative Attitudes towards Others”, International Council for the Day of Vesak : 10th UNITED NATIONS DAY OF VESAK - 2014, Tu, Thich Nhat and Thien, Thic Duc (ed), Vietnam Buddhist University Series, 2014
- Shared Moral Responsibility: A Comparative Study between Mellama’s Analysis and a Buddhist Account in The Felicitation Volume: The Most Ven. Napane Pemasiri Maha Thero, the Chief Prelate of Sri Lanka Ramanna Maha Nikaya, edited by Ananda, Ven. Prof. Kongastenne at el. Colombo 08: State Printing Department, 2013. Pp. 538-549
- Buddhist Insight for the Resolution of the Personality Problems of Modern Youth. PGIPBS Journal: Sri Lanka -2007
- Practical Methods of Overcoming Current Ethnic Tensions from the Perspective of the Buddhist Teachings. 'Sath' aforesaid Felicitation Vol. 2005
Paper Presentations: Local and International
- “'Hitacchanda' as a Possible Drive to Alter Negative Attitudes towards Others”, International Council for the Day of Vesak : 10th UNITED NATIONS DAY OF VESAK – Vietnam, 2014. (http://www.iabu.org/node/224)
- An Investigation on Ethical and Philosophical Issues of the Dialogue between the Buddha and Vassakara, Seventh Research Conference, The Royal Asiatic Society of Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka, 2014.
- Holding Two Opposite Positions on One Issue: Theravada Buddhist Positions on the Social Hierarchy, National Conference of Bhiksu University of Sri Lanka, Anuradhapura, December, 2013.
- Buddhism for Anger Management: a Study on Buddhist Rationale, 5th Bi-Annual International Conference of SLABS, September 2013.
- The Buddha beside the Roads: A Study on the New Trend of Erecting Buddha Statues and its utility, 5th Bi-Annual International Conference of SLABS, September 2013.
- Need of a Well-organized Missionary Mechanism for Propagation of Theravada Buddhism, with Ven. Kahagala Sarananda, International Buddhist Conference - Buddhasravka Bhiksu University, Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka, 2012
- Path to Liberation: Theravada Buddhist Aspect, Buddha Jayanti 2600 Seminar- Path to Liberation: A dialogue of the three Buddhist Traditions, Nalanda Centre, Sri Srdang, Seangor, http://www.nalanda.org.my/seminar/jayanti11/profile.html), 22 May 2011. Malaysia
- Shared Moral Responsibility: A Comparative Study of Buddhist View and Social Epistemologist, Gregory Mellema's View on It. 4th Bi-Annual International Conference of SLABS, December, 2010.
- A Human Drive as a modality of Pro-social Conduct: A Theravada Buddhist approach for attitudinal Alteration (E). 12th International Conference on Sri Lankan Studies, Nawala, The Open University of Sri Lanka, 2010.
- "A Pragmatic Buddhist Approach to Overcome Ethnic Tension." under the theme Buddhist Approach To The Political Conflict And Peace Development, the United Nations Conference Centre on 6th of May 2009, at the UN Conference Centre, Bangkok. (การจัดประชุมวิสาขบูชาโลก ๔-๖ พ.ค.๕๒ - PaLungJit.com) Thailand.
- A Comparative Study between Buddhist Concept of Desire and Levinasian Concept of Desire (E), SLABS Conference, December, Sri Lanka, 2008.
- Buddhist Teachings for Better Human Relationship. Buddhist Association for the World Peace. Singapore. 2007.
- A Brief History of Theravada Buddhism in Sri Lanka. ‘Relevance of Buddhist studies,’ Hyderabad University, India, 2007.
- Social Mobility and the Change of the Role of the Monks in Sri Lankan Society (E). SLABS Conference November, University of Peradeniya. Sri Lanka, 2006.
- VISANKHARA: A Step Ahead to the Concept of Deconstruction (E), Peradeniya University Research Forum, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, November 2006.
News Paper Articles
- Is Driving License of Bhikkhu a Luxurious Item? Divaina (A daily News Paper in Sri Lanka), 29th Wednesday, May 2014.
- Driving License of Buddhist Monks and ultra-traditionalist Backwardness, Divaina (A daily News Paper in Sri Lanka), 30th Wednesday, April 2014. (http://www.divaina.com/2014/04/30/badada01.html)
- Debate on Wearing Robe: over one Shoulder and around both Shoulders, Sasuna: official News Paper of Ramanna Sector in sri Lanka, December, 2013.
- Anusasanawa (Instruction :), Sasauna: official News Paper of Ramanna Sector in sri Lanka, September, 2013.
- Practicality of Non-extreme Attitude towards Implementing Private Universities in Sri Lanka, Divaina (A daily News Paper in Sri Lanka), 30th November, 2011
- Is this what Buddha taught us to do? A Critical Response regarding the conduct of Sri Lankan University Monks, 2012, http://www.divaina.com/2011/04/10/feature18.html
- "Socio-Economic and Political Reasons caused for the Emergence of Buddhism in India", Upadiya (A Monthly Magazine for the Undergraduates in Sri Lanka), Pannipitiya, Colombo: Sri Lanka, March, 2011.
- "New Chapter for Anuradhapura Bhiksu University: On the Opening Ceremony the New Administrative Building of the University", Daily News, 28th February, 2011 (C:\Users\acer\Desktop\Features Online edition of Daily News - Lake house Newspapers.mht)
- "Unique Personality Features of the Buddha as a Religious Leader and Spread of Buddhism in the 6th Century B.C. ", Upadiya (A Monthly Magazine for the Undergraduates in Sri Lanka), Pannipitiya, Colombo: Sri Lanka, September, 2010.
- "Beliefs Developed in Vedic Era in India", Upadiya (A Monthly Magazine for the Undergraduates in Sri Lanka), Pannipitiya, Colombo: Sri Lanka. July, 2010.
- "Historical Development of Vedic Literature and its Content", Upadiya (A Monthly Magazine for the Undergraduates in Sri Lanka), Pannipitiya, Colombo: Sri Lanka, June, 2010.
- "Should We Scare on the Introduction Private Universities to Sri Lanka?", Lankadipa (A daily published News Paper in Sri Lanka), 28th August, 2010.
- "Unnecessary Fear on the Introduction of Private Universities?", Divaina (A daily published News Paper in Sri Lanka), 21st August, 2010.
- "Is Mahayana an Enemy of Theravada?", Divaina (A daily published News Paper of Sri Lanka), Sri Lanka, June, 2010.